Maternity Photo Shoot and Why I Finally Decided to do One

This pregnancy is my "second" one, but it's really truly my fourth. My daughter Charlotte was born nearly seven years ago. In all honesty I had no business having a baby at 23. Her dad and I hadn't been together long and we had just moved away from every friend and family member we had up to the great state of Maine from Ohio. I thought I had the flu, but he was convinced I was pregnant...he was correct. So we embarked on what would become the hardest part of my life. Money was tight, we weren't happy, but we had a healthy, beautiful baby girl.

Fast forward a few years and I was now in my mid/late twenties. I was in a serious relationship that, at the time, I thought was perfect and on it's way to being the real deal. I was no longer with my daughters father, as we split up shortly before her 2nd birthday. We were back in Ohio and life seemed good. My significant other at the time was truly a good man. We were making plans, setting goals, and trying to figure it all out together. We had pretty much decided Charlotte was all either of us needed and seemed fine with the idea that she would be the only child. I'd had a difficult pregnancy and really didn't want to go through it all again. But as I said before, this relationship too was bound to end and it was for the best.

Here I am now, 2 years out of that relationship married to an amazing man, step mom to two great kids, plus a baby of our own on the way, rounding out full household out to six. The years leading up to meeting Kyle were some of the toughest times I've ever known. I dealt with legit poverty, heartbreak, anxiety issues, and realizing I didn't truly know myself.  Now, despite some ups and downs life has thrown at us, I'm on the other side of all that and truly happy with my life, and myself.

This current pregnancy again hasn't been the easiest. I make great babies, but my body really suffers through the process.  We also lost two angel babies along the way, making this pregnancy a bitter sweet one because while I'm so grateful to be carrying a healthy baby, I still want those other two with me here on earth. So when the chance to do a maternity shoot was presented to me I jumped at the opportunity.  I wanted to document this blessing and use these photos as a reminder of where I've been and where I am now.

The photographer I used is the lovely Kaitlyn Hensley whom I've known about for a few years and have always admired her work. She's also going to be doing a newborn photo shoot for us once our girl arrives this coming December. If you're in need of a photographer that specializes in babies and families in the Cincinnati/Dayton area, you really need to check her out.

Below you'll find some of my absolute favorite pictures from my shoot. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and find inspiration and hope within those captured moments. <3










Comments

Post a Comment